Paspartu specializes in providing accurate legal and patent translations using only legal professionals as well as legal translators and proofreaders with professional qualifications in legal and patent translations fields. Our dedicated professionals started out working in law firms, so that's how we gathered relevant expertise in all relevant legal fields. We provide legal translations to law firms, corporations, and individuals all over the world who want to ensure that their legal documents are handled by translators with a legal background.
Our legal document translation services include certified and official translations.Top Quality Translation of Legal Documents
Our blend of experienced, skilled language professionals, industry experts, and project managers makes Paspartu the ideal partner for even the most complex and specialist legal translation needs. Paspartu serves attorneys, paralegals, law firms, corporations, and legal professionals by providing litigation support services in the following (but not limited to) practice areas:
Translation is over when the document is delivered; our services continue.
We guarantee total quality of the documents we deliver as we continue to provide customer service long after the translation is over. If for any reason you require small changes to be done to your documents, these will be implemented free of charge.Highly Accredited Legal Translators
Paspartu has been accredited with the prestigious ISO 9001:2008 certification as well as the DIN EN 15038. Our customers can therefore be completely assured of the top quality and terminology consistency of our legal translations.Issues when Translating Legal Documents
- Legal Field: A good legal translator knows that within the legal field there are completely separate areas of law that require specific translation techniques. For example a contractual document has little in common with a will.
- Legal Concepts: A good legal translator should search out and define legal concepts expressed in the source language prior to translation as these may not even have an equivalent in the language or legal system of the target text.
- Country Legal System: A good legal translator knows that legal translation is function of the system-bound nature of legal terminology. The legal translator should be aware that each country has its own legal terminology (based on the particular legal system of that country), which will often be quite different even from the legal terminology of another country with the same language.
- Legal Purpose: A good legal translator should understand the intended use of the translation, which has as much bearing on his or her approach as the text of the document itself. Terminology, phraseology, syntax, register (tone) and a myriad of other parameters will be affected by the purpose of the translation (e.g., is the translation for information purposes only, binding contract language, or for submission as evidence in court?).
It is in the legal field when the importance of a translation being certified really comes to the fore. Legal systems are different in every country, and a document will only usually be deemed relevant if it has the correct form of certification.Official Translation Services
Paspartu provides official translations in all major languages. Official or notarized translations must be an exact translation of the source and will only be accepted by the authorities if they include the translator's signature, thus certifying the document validity before the courts and/or other authorities. We are experienced in delivering first class official translations across the world. Our translations are accepted by Courts of Law, the Home Office and many other government agencies.Patent Documents
When it comes to patent translation, we fully appreciate the degree of accuracy, as well as the subject knowledge, that is required. Over the last 7 years we have covered the entire field of patents and intellectual property extensively. Clients include:
- patent law offices
- patent departments of large corporations
- research & development institutions and universities
- private investors
Patent Translation Teams: We only use professionals who are based in the patent subject matter (software, medical, engineers, pharmacologists etc) to perform the translation, and editors who are professional experienced translators in their native language to ensure the quality of the translation. Our production methodology together with the high caliber patent team we employ, ensures:
- consistent and patent-specific terminology
- format requirements compliance
- no typographical errors
- an accurate translation
Patent Language Technology: We handle and process documents regardless of format: electronic editable file, fax, scanned PDF, hardcopy. Our technology infrastructure ensures that the patent is ready for use with translation memory software. This way we can create databases of all of the translation done for the customer and thereby offer greater consistency among related patents, so that we can be faster and more cost effective.