Localization involves making a product, in our case a game, linguistically and culturally appropriate to the target locale (country/region and language) where it will be used/ played and sold.
In localizing a product, in addition to idiomatic language translation, such details as time zones, money, national holidays, local color sensitivities, product or service names, gender roles, and geographic details must all be considered, meaning a comprehensive study of the target culture. A successfully localized product or service is one which appears to have been developed within the local culture.
In today’s age of globalization, selling your products and services in more than one geographical region is a prudent and wise business decision. However, before you market your products and services in another part of the world, it’s essential that you localise them so that they are suitable for consumers in the specific markets you intend to distribute them to.
Paspartu provides appropriate localisation services to adapt your products and services to any specific locale. We go beyond just translating your text; our process includes adaptation to a variety of parameters such as language, cultural norms, as well as local standards, making them specific to particular markets. Below are the main parameters that clients need to consider when they are preparing to localise their games or products:
- Color schemes and graphic selection that avoids offending potential customers
- Dialog boxes wide enough to accommodate text expansion
- Functionality that supports various date, time, and currency formats
- Input and output functionality that supports the various character sets (including double-byte characters for the Asian market)
- Right justified text fields to prevent expanded text from overlapping the graphics, and
- A readily adaptable user interface to allow British customers to read from left to right or Arabic customers to read from right to left.
Paspartu is the most appropriate choice of provider for the following services:
- Software Localization
- Website Localization
- Games Localization